|Organic Coconut Almond Loaf - 86 calories per slice|
Makes 3 loaves, cut into approximately 12 slices (86 calories per slice)
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 25 + 15 minutes.
300g organic coconut flour - 195
200g organic brown rice flour - 445 calories
200g Natvia Sweetener - 60 calories
2 tsp baking powder - 10 calories
8 eggs - 640 calories
1 cup organic almond milk - 105 calories
2/3 cup water
2 tsp/caps vanilla essence - 5 calories
250g roasted almonds - 1615 calories
- Mix together the flours, Natvia and baking powder.
- Whisk together the eggs. Milk water and vanilla then gradually stir in the dry ingredients until well combined
- Pour onto floured board or bench top and add almonds until well combined.
- The mixture should feel damp, a bit crumbly but not sticky.
- Press into individual muffin pans.
- Place onto a baking paper lined oven tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180oC for 20-25 minutes
- Cool, refrigerate in foil.
- Slice each loaf into 12 slices before serving, only after refrigerating.
- The milk, water and additional eggs are added to bind the loaves but this loaf is CRUMBLY! You must refrigerate the loaf before attempting to slice it carefully with a sharp (not serrated) knife.
- This is a nourishing and filling dense cake and should fill the sweet carving and afternoon hunger better.
|Loaves ready for baking.|