|Salmon Better Burgers - 224 Calories per serve (2)|
They taste awesome!
Makes 15 x 80-90g burgers. Preparation Time: 15 minutes
2 x 415g tins Pink Salmon (drained) - 1050 calories
4 cloves garlic - 20 calories
115g Onions - 35 calories
3 spring onions - 15 calories
2 medium Carrots (200g) - 64 calories
2 large egg whites - 32 calories
Zest and juice of 1 lemon - 25 calories
6g fresh ginger - 5 calories
110g oat bran (3/4 cup) - 390 calories
1 teaspoon olive oil - 44 calories
- Grate carrot with skin on and set aside in large bowl.
- Peel and quarter onion.Peel garlic and roughly chop spring onion.
- Place onion, garlic, spring onion, ginger and 1 can of salmon in food processor and pulse until chopped fine but not mash.
- Add oat bran, lemon zest and pulse lightly again until combined.
- Add onion mix to carrots. Pour in remaining can of drained salmon, lemon juice, egg whites and mix until combined.
- Mixture should be solid enough to pat into balls with hands. Divide mixture into 15 (approximately 1/3 cup portions) and pat into burger shapes and place on plate.
- Refrigerate until ready to cook. (Can be cooked straight away)
- Heat a non-stick frypan and add olive oil - Do not let smoke!
- Place burgers in frypan turning once until well-browned approximately 2-3 minutes either side.
- Serve with desired salad or side vegetables.
The patties are soft and do not need any dressing. The lemon zest is the magic ingredient in this dish and a favourite in our home now! Burgers can be frozen for quick dinners in busy households.