|Zucchini Cottage Slice with Herb Fish - 450 Calories per serve|
Serves: 8 (450 calories per serve)
Preparation Time: 25 minutes.
850g zucchini - 102 calories
60g Vita-Weat Biscuits - 258 calories
Freshly ground black pepper.
400g lite cottage cheese - 368 calories
Small onion - 20 calories
6 green stuffed olives - 30 calories
5 cloves garlic - 25 calories
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan - 70 calories
1 desert spoon dried mint - neg
1 desert spoon dried parsley - neg
1/4 cup (30ml) extra virgin olive oil - 550 calories
Juice of 1/2 lemon - 15 calories
Fish per person: 200g white filleted fish thawed or fresh & 3 slices fresh lemon each - 200 calories each
1x 100g red skinned potato per person - 70 calories each
Coconut oil spray & foil to wrap fish. (calories include in above)
|Brush herb mixture over sliced zucchini|
|After first layer|
|Cooked Cottage Zucchini Slice|
- Wash & slice zucchini into 3mm slices and set aside. Slice onion fine and set aside separately.
- Using a food processor * roughly process Vita-Weat biscuits. Place cottage cheese in bowl and stir in crushed biscuit.
- In food processor finely process olives, garlic, mint, parsley, lemon juice and oil. Place 2 teaspoons of the mixture aside for the fish.
- Lightly spray a lamington tray or 17x30cm casserole dish with coconut oil.
- Divide zucchini into 3 portions and layer the first on the base of the tray. Brush zucchini with oil paste and top with 1/3 cheese and biscuit mixture crumbling over evenly.
- Repeat process twice more ending with the cottage mixture. Top with Parmesan.
- Place in moderate oven and bake for 50-60 minutes
- Cut of enough foil to cover a fish fillet and lay on bench. Lightly spay with coconut oil and place one fillet on each piece of foil.
- Brush fillets with the remainder of the herb mixture and lay 3 slices of lemon on top. Seal fish completely and place in oven on tray after zucchini slice has cooked for 20 minutes.
- In the last 6 minutes cook potatoes in microwave on high and serve one with 1/8 of the slice. Remove foil from fish by placing on plate, opening foil, tearing in two and then sliding out from under fish.
- Prepare extra fish and freeze for easy baking another day.
- Prepare double herb mixture and freeze in ice-cube trays for basting other meals.
- Olive oil can be used in place of the coconut oil. Omitting the Parmesan is not preferable as it is what gives the top a tasty cheese flavour.
- Slice can be reheated the next day and tastes just as good.
- * I use a small hand-mix type processor for many of my recipes. It is smaller and less cumbersome to use and clean.