|Quick and Easy Malaysian Tuna Parcels - 184 calories per serve|
|Malaysian Tuna Parcels ready to steam.|
Serves: 5 (184 calories per serve)
Serving as pictured - 2 dumplings.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
425g Can tuna in brine or spring water (drained) - 404 calories
150g / 2 medium carrots - 45 calories
150g Chinese cabbage - 19 calories
60g / 1 small onion - 20 calories
2 cloves garlic - 10 calories
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice (optional) - 22 calories
4 tablespoons Organic Soy Sauce - 70 calories
- Remove ends of carrot and grate with skin on. Squeeze orange juice over and rub through.
- Crush garlic and dice onion finely (or process fine)
- Slice cabbage fine and give a rough chop.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl except the sauce and mix well.
- Prepare a wide flat tray with warm water and place rice papers beside tray.
- Lay a clean tea-towel on bench to catch excess water from wrapper.
- Dip a single wrapper in warm water until it softens and lift out onto tea-towel. Using a 1/4 cup measure scoop out a packed 1/2 cup of mixture and place in centre of softened wrapper. Gather up sides of wrapper and lift into steamer. Twist top of wrapper as best as possible. The wrapper will seal as it cooks and the rice pastry sticks to itself.
- Repeat for the remaining 11 wrappers placing in steamer trays. This will take up 2 trays.
- Steam for 10minutes and serve with 1 tablespoon of organic soy sauce per serve.
Add a green salad with a drizzle of lemon juice and you will still have a very low meal full of goodness.
Freeze cooked dumplings and reheat in oven in a tray covered in foil. They can be fried but the calorie count soars.