|Before the dressing|
Serves: 2 as a main or 4 side salads (2/148 calories per serve, 74 calories as a side salad)
Serving pictured is smaller than a main serving.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes.
75g / 12 large Snow peas, string removed - 20 calories
130g / ½ red capsicum - 28 calories
200g Chinese cabbage - 25 calories
25g grated carrot - 7 calories
100g / ½ cucumber – 10 calories
20g pine nuts (natural or dry fried.) – 130 calories
50ml Fish sauce - 21 calories
15ml / 1 tablespoon Ketjup Mantis – 41 calories
1 heaped teaspoon Nativa (Stevia) – 1 calorie
1 tablespoon finely grated young ginger – 5 calories
Juice of I lime and 1 teaspoon of the zest – 8 calories
100ml cold water
- Wash all vegetable and julienne snow peas, capsicum and cucumber.
- Grate carrot and young ginger separately. Use a Microplane or very fine grater for the ginger.
- Combine all vegetables reserving pine nuts) in a plastic bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Combine all dressing ingredients, cover and marinate in refrigerator until needed.
- When serving pour ½ the dressing over salad and mix through with hands.
- Place serving on plate and pour remainder of dressing over salad.
- Note: this salad is meant to have an abundance of dripping dressing so you will see it spill out onto the plate.
- Top with pine nuts.