|Banana & Coconut Minis - 67 Calories each|
Recipe total: 2436 calories
INGREDIENTS:1 cup Rice flour (100g) – 532 calories
1 cup Organic coconut flour (160g) – 415 calories
1 cup low fat milk – 115 calories
40g Walnuts – 278 calories
1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder – 5 calories
1/4 cup dark brown sugar (50g) – 195 calories
1/4 cup rice bran oil – 550 calories
4 egg whites - 60 calories
1 medium banana - 100 calories
1/4 cup (15g) shredded coconut - 101 calories
Baking spray – 60 calorie allowance for oiling – omit if you use paper patty pans.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees on fan forced setting. Sparingly spray non-stick muffin baking tins or lay out paper pans.
- Chop walnuts and place in bowl with flours, baking powder, and brown sugar.
- Mash banana with a fork and add oil, egg whites and rice milk. Mix roughly.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until combined. Add a little water if you need the mixture to be a bit sticky.
- Spoon generously into 3 x 12 hole mini-muffin trays and press down a little to ensure they are not too crumbly when cooked and fall apart.
- Top with shredded coconut.
- Bake in moderate oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned . Cool on a wire rack.
- These muffin are moist and heavy but not hard. They are crumbly in texture and very mouth watering. If you love coconut you will adore this recipe. These are also quite filling for a small snack. The coconut dominates the banana but you still enjoy the banana flavor.