|Salmon patties withour the breadcrumbs or flour with a cranberrie curry sauce on Caulirice|
Serves: up to 6 (310 Calories per serve - makes 12-14 patties)
Total calories per recipe: 1860
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
INGREDIENTS - Patties
2 x 415g tins Pink Salmon (drained) - 1072 calories
120g Onions/ shallots - 40 calories
2 medium Carrots (200g) - 64 calories
2 large egg whites - 32 calories
1 Tablespoon Lemon Grass Paste - 28 calories
100g light Ricotta cheese - 78 calories
Freshly ground black pepper.
Caulirice, ( double recipe ) - 192 calories
INGREDIENTS - Cranberry Curry Sauce
80g dried cranberries - 259 calories
1 teaspoon curry powder - 14 calories
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic - 3 calories
Massel stock cube - 25 calories
1 teaspoon guar gum - 9 calories
1 teaspoon olive oil - 44 calories
2 cups water
- Peel and quarter onion and place in food processor.
- Leaving skin on top carrot and cut into chunks and place in food processor.
- Finely slice spring onion and add to tuna.
- Processor until fine. Place in microwave proof bowl fitted with a lid.
- Microwave 6 minutes on high and set aside to cool.
- Drain Salmon and place in food processor with lemon grass paste, egg whites and Ricotta until combined.
- Pour into large bowl and add cooked carrot & onion to salmon and mix well.
- Drop into non-stick frypan turning once well-browned.
- Prepare Caulirice just before serving (8 minutes)
METHOD: Cranberry Curry Sauce
- Place cranberries, curry powder, garlic, stock cube and water in a small saucepan.
- Bring to the boil then turn to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine oil and guar gum well.
- Using a Barmix or processor, process sauce until 1/2 berries are smooth.
- Turn up heat and gradually stir in oil gum mixture to thicken gravy.
- Serve patties on bed of Caulirice and serve topped with Cranberry Curry Sauce
The patties are very soft and you will need to take care turning them. This is not a recipe for the heavy handed but if you want a fish patty without all the breadcrumbs or flour it is worth the juggling act. Besides they taste great!