Low Calorie Dessert Recipe
|2 Minute Creamy Apple Desert - 167 Calories|
Preparation Time: 2 minutes.
Cooking Time: 2 minutes.
1 large Pink Lady apple (200g without core) - 100 calories
Dusting of mixed spice or cinnamon - neg - 1 calorie
50gm Low Fat Yogurt - (39 calories) - check your brand for calories as they can vary
3-4 dry roasted almonds (5g) - 27 calories
- Wash and cut apple into segments and place on microwave proof plate.
- Dust with mixed spice or cinnamon
- Microwave on high 2 minutes (maximum)
- Allow to cool a minute, then add yogurt.
- Sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Sprinkle with spice and serve.
- This is one of my preferred deserts when I am looking for a sweet fix but not really hungry. It satisfies you much more than a piece of cake or biscuits and doesn’t leave me looking for another snack minutes later.
- I used an apple cutter that removes the core but leaves the skin on.
- If this is a regular treat make up bulk almonds to save time but make sure you watch the portion. It is amazing how little you need to get the nice nutty topping and with the yogurt a little more ’filling’ protein in your day.